Stockland Academy contributes to and benefits from a range of work undertaken within the Honiton Learning Community, ranging from PE festivals, swimming galas, maths masterclasses, youth speak competitions, and continued professional development for staff alongside peer support for Headteachers. More information can be found below.
Our Schools have a partnership agreement:
Strength in Partnership
Developing Schools for the 21st Century
The overall aim of the partnership is to secure high achievement and maximise outcomes, aspirations and well being for all children and young people in the learning community.
To achieve this aim the partnership has the following objectives:
- to foster an ethos of aspiration, success, achievement and wellbeing amongst learners, staff and wider community
- to support families and young people in achieving a lifelong love of learning
- to share knowledge, resources and skills
- to develop new directions in teaching and learning and develop leadership capacity
- to establish the conditions for continuous improvement in standards both in education and other services working together
- to select only those initiatives which will best fit the needs of the learning community
Management of the Learning Community
Overall accountability and strategic management lies with the leadership group. The group is made up of the Headteachers of the 8 Honiton Learning Community primary schools and Honiton Community College.
The group elects a chair and vice chair every 2 years during the first meeting of the new academic year. The group meets at least once every half term.
The leadership group is supported by:
Ann Denner, Support & Development Officer