How to apply for a school place in Devon:
More information about admissions to schools in Devon can be found on Devon County Council website by clicking on the link:
The governors must publish the timetable for all admission appeals (including in year appeals) on the school website by 28th February of each year.
- Appellants must have a deadline of at least 20 school days from the date of notification that their application was unsuccessful to lodge an appeal but late appeals must be heard;
- Appeals must be heard within 40 school days (in normal admission round) and within 30 school days for in year appeals. For late appeals these must be heard within 40 school days of the deadline where possible or within 30 school days of the appeal being lodged;
- Appellants must have at least 10 school days’ notice of the date of their appeal although the appellant may waive their right to the full 10 days;
- Clear deadlines must be set for the submission of evidence;
- Decision letters must be sent within 5 school days of the hearing where possible.
For further information on the appeals process, parents can contact the school office or the Clerk to the Appeals Panel. The link to the appeals timetable is below.